June 29, 2011

Clifton Phifer Lee

I don't really know what to say, so I hope this says it all: CLIFTON!


Clifton "My Dream Dude" Phifer Lee. Three consecutive shut-outs. 33 straight scoreless innings. In the month of June, he's held opponents to a .152 average while batting .250 himself—allowing just one earned run and picking up 2 RBIs.

It's clear that Cliff prefers the National League game (who can forget that game back in May when Charlie had to actually pull Cliff out of the batter's box, because he'd chosen to ignore the fact that he was being taken out for a pinch-hitter?). Watching him pitch to Beckett last night, I could've sworn I caught a glimpse of disdain in Cliff's eyes. Like, dude, how pathetic is it that you let David Ortiz bat for you? I wonder if his multiple displays of badassery against the Yankees in the 2009 World Series (see above) were also due, at least in part, to this sense of superiority over the American League? All I can say is, I'm glad Clifton Phifer Lee would prefer to play in our league. And I'm sure all of Philadelphia would say the same.

Dear Cliff,

Uh, gee. Gosh. Golly. Goddamn. I don't even know. Just, like, THANK YOU for coming back to Philadelphia. Thank you so much.

Love,
Nadine


2 comments:

Lauren said...

1. badassery: Engaging in seemingly impossible activities and achieving success in a manner that renders all onlookers completely awestruck.

Perfect choice of words, Nadine, but look at what happens if you search urban dictionary for Cliff Lee: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cliff+lee

Oh! Hell no!

I think we need to work on an alternate definition for Cliff Lee or figure out how to integrate his name into the definition of badassery.

Nadine said...

"figure out how to integrate his name into the definition of badassery."

AGREED!

Also, everybody check out this post on The 700 Level, which also addresses Cliff's preference for National League baseball:

http://www.the700level.com/06/28/11/Cliff-Lee-Feels-More-Like-A-Baseball-Pla/landing_phillies.html?blockID=538093&feedID=8510&qv=1#bp