April 1, 2011

Philadelphia Fillies

Happy Opening Day to the Phillies from Del Reeves and the ladies of Scoring Position:



While this song is really about Philly babes Del Reeves "batted a thousand with" and not the beloved Phils, I'd like to think that what Del's trying to articulate in his comparison of "Fillies" to hot twins from Minnesota and "cuddly cubbies" from Chicago is that there's truly something special about Philadelphia. So maybe I've been drinking too much of that Schuylkill punch, but I love that opening day's a holiday here. I love that the window displays of South Philly are decorated with bobbleheads and that I've been awake since 4:30 this morning in anticipation of the arrival of Uncle Charlie and the boys. Let's just hope that it's a happy Halladay for Fillies everywhere as Doc kicks off this much-anticipated season against Brett Myers and the Astros at 1:05 ET. Check out today's lineup here. Go Phils! Go baseball!

No comments: