March 30, 2011

Luis Castillo, We Hardly Knew Ye

Today the Phillies announced the fine decision to release Luis Castillo, just a week after he actually reported for spring training and without paying him a dime.


I'm sure all Phillies fans are happy to see Luis go, but Beerleaguer probably said it best:
You don't need to force yourself to like Luis Castillo, because he's been released by the Phillies. Thank God. As thin as they are at second, I was loathe to watch a Punch-and-Judy burnout like Castillo live out his golden years draining the lifeblood from an already fragile offense. I’m proud of the Phillies, friend of the aged, for seeing through the smoke and mirrors. Good for you, Luis, you can take a walk against minor league pitching in Spring Training. He’s such a sh*theel, I can’t even stand it. I was rooting so hard against him, you have no idea.

No comments: